DX » Community » Reviews » In-Ear Stereo Earbuds (3.5mm Metallic Green)
  • 5 star 53 ( 58% )
  • 4 star 30 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 5 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 3 ( 3% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent Built Quality!

posted by DarkRay on 08/08/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Considering the low price, the built quality for this pair of earphones is really great. This is really a very attractive looking pair of earphones!

Sound wise, it is quite well balanced with what I consider especially good reproduction of the mids and highs for earphones of this price.

Cons:

For bass heads, do note that bass is quite lacking in this pair of earphones. Compared to my AKG K324P and Sennheiser PX100, the bass response is a joke. No kick, no punch and certainly no "oomph". But then again, my K324P has a little sibilance issue which this one does not present.

Unlike other similar canal-phones which usually provide 3 pairs of gaskets of varying sizes (small, medium, large), this pair of earphones provided 3 small pairs of gaskets with their differences being the color (translucent white, translucent pink and translucent blue).

Due to the design, it is actually a little more uncomfortable and because the gaskets are smaller, it does not provide that good a fit.

While you can fit other
    "normal" gaskets on it, you will find that this does not help much.

OtherThoughts:

For those interested, the cable length is about a meter and of the "Y" split variety (versus the "J" split behind-the-neck version). The cable is white in color.

Bottomline:

I will most definitely still stick to my trusty AKG K324P and Sennheiser PX100 most of the time.

However, this make for a good and very stylish gift for anybody who is still relying on the default pair of earphones that comes with any portable audio device. Compared to those rubbish earphones, this is definitely a major improvement though.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections