Customer’s impression:
good!
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great tool for the money!

posted by teamjcr on 04/03/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Great tool for the money! Can’t go wrong for $20, it will detect your OBD II codes and clear it on vehicle 1998 or newer. It can do “real-time” data measurement such as speed, RPM, pedal position. Going to a shop to get your code checked and cleared normally cost $40-60, just checking your code or you’re friend’s code 3 times already paid off for this tool.

Cons:

My disc came with software on it, but my friend’s CD did not come with any software or drivers. So it looks like it is a hit or miss in terms of software from the CD included. It is a CLONED ELM327 chipset therefore some aftermarket software will not work with this device.

OtherThoughts:

Haven’t tried the software included in the CD so I am not sure how well it is. But the tool has been tested on a 2004 Mazda 6, 2006 Subaru Impeza WRX. Software tested with this tool: ScanXL (great software for this tool), PCMScan, Centrafuse. Operating System tested on: Windows XP, Windows 7 Basic.

Bottomline:

For $20, what’s there to think about? Equivalent tools normally cost $60+.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections