Customer’s impression:
good good!
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great tool for the money!

posted by teamjcr on 04/03/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Great tool for the money! Can’t go wrong for $20, it will detect your OBD II codes and clear it on vehicle 1998 or newer. It can do “real-time” data measurement such as speed, RPM, pedal position. Going to a shop to get your code checked and cleared normally cost $40-60, just checking your code or you’re friend’s code 3 times already paid off for this tool.

My disc came with software on it, but my friend’s CD did not come with any software or drivers. So it looks like it is a hit or miss in terms of software from the CD included. It is a CLONED ELM327 chipset therefore some aftermarket software will not work with this device.

Haven’t tried the software included in the CD so I am not sure how well it is. But the tool has been tested on a 2004 Mazda 6, 2006 Subaru Impeza WRX. Software tested with this tool: ScanXL (great software for this tool), PCMScan, Centrafuse. Operating System tested on: Windows XP, Windows 7 Basic.

For $20, what’s there to think about? Equivalent tools normally cost $60+.

Post comment

DX Everywhere