Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Quick, cheap and easy to use

posted by DrewdQueue on 02/20/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Can quickly check a number of 1.5V and 9V battery types, great for sorting through piles of old batteries.
    Also good for sanity checking rechargable batteries to see if they are getting old.
    By holding the battery in the tester, you can also check voltage sag, which also helps you decide how 'good' the battery is

Cons:

It is pretty flimsy, and requires two hands to check the battery as you need to push the contacts in (no spring loading).

Electrical contacts seem a bit iffy, sometimes I need to press harder or rotate the battery to get a reading. Yes, this could be the battery itself as well.

I wouldn't drop it onto concrete or similar, I don't think it would survive.

OtherThoughts:

I was going to get the digital version, but decided on a simple tester that did not need anything else to make it work. Much faster and less annoying than pulling out the multimeter for such a simple job.

Bottomline:

An indispensable tool around the house or shop, it will pay for itself in reduced frustration no time. If it breaks, it is very cheap to replace.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections