Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very good for this price

posted by pyxelfish on 06/27/2013
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Ridiculously cheap. I've bought $50 headphones that have lasted six months, but I spent $16 on a few pairs of these and they lasted me two years. If they break I just open another pack. I can give them away to people and not worry about it.

They have better bass power and less signal noise than other cheap headphones I've bought, and their noise isolation is good.

They come with a couple of spare pairs of in-ear plastic buds for when they come off and go missing.

Cons:

They're not for audiophiles – they're not high-fidelity and they do have an amount of hiss. I use these when out and about, but not at home.

They're poorly built from very cheap materials: they will come apart or fail after a few months, and on a couple of occasions I've had small electric shocks from them (not dangerous). I generally carry a spare pair with me on journeys in case they fail while I'm away, and the plastic buds are prone to come off and go missing, and harden over time, so I carry spares of those too.

OtherThoughts:

They reliably fail after a few months of use (although I think I got through at least six months with the last pair), and they take a long time to arrive, so I buy them in bulk partly to save money, but also so I can have spares handy and to give away when people need them.

Bottomline:

While certainly not high quality, these are surprisingly good for such a ridiculously low price, and DX's bulk-buy scheme comes in handy for replacing them. I recommend them on a regular basis.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections