DX » Community » Reviews » Survival Whistle with Compass Thermometer and Magnifier (OEM)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bypunkette on 12/06/2013

it does all it says, whistle, compass, magnifier and all. Relatively solid, in the way that though it's made of plastic it's in the bottom of my messy backpack since a while and it didn't break. The free shipping also makes it worth it. not a pro survival tool if that's what you're looking for. more ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byvldxacc on 12/01/2013

The whistle works fine. The thermometer is within a degree of my other thermometers. The keychain is convenient. There is a small bubble in the compass that makes it a little hard to get at proper direction reading, but it's not too bad. The build quality of the whole thing feels okay but it was not ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bym80116 on 06/03/2013

Inexpensive and quite understated it does it claims for. It has a handy chain and ring to hang it on your zip buckle. It is also equipped with a swing out magnifier. Thermometer is accurate. Construction isn't the very best, the integrated magnifying glass tends to flip out by itself if you hang it upside ... Read more

SKU 4338 Survival Whistle with magnifier out SKU 4338 Survival Whistle with magnifier out SKU 4338 Survival Whistle back side w/ thermometer SKU 4338 Survival Whistle side is not perfect Survival Whistle inside protective envelope

0 0 0

• posted byWereBunny on 10/12/2012

*Cheap. *Easy to use. *Offers 4 tools in 1device. *Lightweight. *Sometimes the whistle is quite. *Other than that this is a great tool. As a hiker I think this tool is so useful and I carry it with me every time I leave the house. The magnifier glass can also be used to start a fire or even to write ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byClientSberbanka on 11/17/2010

+ Cheap. + Compact and lightweight so can be a EDC whistle. + Has built-in thermometer - both Celsius and Fahrenheit. + Has built-in magnifying lens. - Whistle is not enoughly loud. - Built-in fluid compass is just a toy and nothing more!!! It shows everything such as weather on Mars but not the magnetic ... Read more

0 0 2

• posted bymrninja on 09/23/2010

-Fluid damped compass -Pea less whistle -Thermometer -Magnifying lens -Whistle isn't very loud -Magnifying lens too small, useless item? -Replace the magnifying lens with a mirror? -Has a very plasticity feel, so far hasn't broke yet. -No luminous compass? -The 2 I got didn't have the Columbia logo? ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bycherrypixie on 04/15/2009

Everything on this item works, just not very well. The whistle isnt that loud and takes a considerable effort to get going. The thermometer is difficult to read and not that accurate. The magnifying glass is plastic and pretty much useless. The compass, if held at the wrong angle and not perfectly level,... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byscope on 01/13/2008

Compass works ok, whistle works ok, magnifier works ok (although I have not tried starting fires with it), thermometer works ok Thermometer no longer sticks to the side in the whistle. It just rattles around in there although it still works Good to have on camping trips. Its small size and multiple features ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byCarnath on 08/20/2007

Many useful functions for such a small thing! As mentioned before, the magnifying glass isnt all that useful since it's too small to start a fire with. Great little gadget that's very useful, and at that price you can't go wrong! Everyone should have one when out in the woods!! Read more

0 0 0

• posted byEM745 on 07/31/2007

Decent build quality. The thermometer on mine is surprisingly accurate. Compass is decent enough, when it's freely turning. Not as loud as another bonafide survival whistle I own, and requires more breath/effort... though it's still loud enough. Compass sometimes sticks, and you have to give it a few ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections