Wish
Customer’s impression:
Great little thing... Awesome little light.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A flashlight for showing off.

posted by gasbag11 on 09/29/2016

Impression:Awesome little light.;

It's insanely bright for something so small. Much more of a flooder than a thrower, but will still throw some light out to 75~80 meters or so just from sheer brightness. Very wide spill beam. Not a whole lot dimmer than my sku.120679 Fandyfire UV-S5. Excellent quality and finish. Very heavy for its size due to the copper head. On turbo it heats up fast and gets quite hot. Lens is glass and anti-reflective. Tint is a very nice neutral/coolish white. No blue at all. Tailcap and battery tube threads are lubed and anodized so slightly unscrewing the tailcap will lock the light out to prevent accidental turn on, or parasitic drain.

Clicking once starts it in moonlight mode, then fairly fast (< .5 sec) half presses ramps it up, but holding the half presses a little longer (1 to 1 1/2 sec) makes it go back down. You can also do the slower half presses from moonlight mode and go directly to turbo, then to strobe, then battery check and finally bike flasher mode. Double click from off for strobe. Quick click 17 times to get to the programming mode to turn on the mode memory, or select 4 brightness modes instead of seven. Haven't tried that. I'm happy with it as it is.

It has a battery check system. 4 blinks = 75 ~ 100% capacity, 3 blinks = 50 ~ 75%, 2 blinks = 25 ~ 50%, 1 blink = 10 ~ 25%. Turbo mode steps down after 45 seconds, but a quick half press brings it right back. The mode levels will automatically step down when the cell gets down to about 2.8V, and will shut the light off completely if it goes any lower.

It burns through batteries quite fast. I've got maybe 15 total minutes on a freshly charged 18350 IMR cell, maybe 3 - 4 minutes of turbo, and the batt is down to 50%. Some unprotected 16340 cells I have cells won't even drive it to full brightness and the light appears to actually get dimmer as soon as you turn it on. Some protected 16340s will shut off in turbo mode and not last long in high mode either. Good quality unprotected high drain IMR cells are necessary to use turbo mode and high mode for any length of time. Fantastic small light.

Post comment

DX Everywhere