DX » Community » Reviews » Plastic Guitar/Bass Picks (24-Piece/Color Assorted)
  • 5 star 51 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 14 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Light/Medium thickness. Nice price. Recommended.

posted by mirosol on 11/15/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's simple plastic guitar pick, so there should not be (and there are) no downsides for this deal. First thing on everyone's mind is the thickness. Ok. I'll tell you - in packaking of 24 picks:

8x 0,58mm (5 orange, 3 black)

8x 0,71mm (2 green, 1 yellow, 5 purple)

8x 0,81mm (2 blue, 6 white)

Touch while playing with these is similar to Dunlop's Nylon series, which means that the "print" on plectrums are embossed to get a better grip.

For the price of this set you can get 3-5 high-end brand picks from european music stores, if you're buying them separately. And yes. There is 24 pieces.

Altogether good set (if you don't mind the cons i list below) and definately worth ordering more. That's what i'm going to do anyway.

Personally, 0,81mm is my favourite since Nylon ,88 is just a little bit too thick for me.

Cons:

Not as durable as original nylon series, since the material is not nylon and there's somewhat cheap feel to it.

Took nearly two monts to get these, which is long time comparing to normal DX delivery/wait times.

OtherThoughts:

If these came with just one size in one pack, i'd be buying 0,81mm sets to last for the rest of my life.

Don't quite know what to do with 0,58mm's, but still the deal is amazing for 16 very usable picks.

One more thing. Top-brand picks are always poorly cut away from each other (with excess plastic on top of the picks) - these aren't. Must say that build quality is extremely high.

Bottomline:

You're not going to get better deal from anywhere else. Buy these, if you're into playing with 0,7 or 0,8 plectrums.

Definitely recommended.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections