DX » Community » Reviews » 5.5 x 2.1mm CCTV DC Power Sockets (10-Pack)
  • 5 star 13 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byltxapas on 02/19/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I was looking for an accesory to use some enclosed power supplies that have 5,1mm output jack. Although this is not the original purpose of the connector, it is fully compatible and the contact is robust and stable. This accesory permits to connect several pow... Read more

0 0
  • posted byecotack on 01/27/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:They are cheap, easy to use, no need to get the soldering iron out and fiddle with the solder types that always end up shorting out when you screw the back on, or find out your wire is too thick, or you solder them and forget to slip the back on first. Good firm connect... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystreubel on 01/26/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Exakt the same pieces I can buy in Germany for much more money than here. They work like I expected them to do. The screws are easy to use and the contact fits perfect to the other part. Cons:I cannot see any disadvantage by now. OtherThoughts:Use it if you ne... Read more

0 0
  • posted byale99amicucci on 11/01/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This is a very useful item and I use with CCTV cameras wiring with lan-cable. You don't have to use any tapes nor matches. Just this! You plug the camera and this is all you must do. Cons:There are no much cons. If you're accostumed to use this connector, you'll know. O... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygeneralsimpsoid on 10/24/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:These are really well made. They fit standard size (5mm with 2.1mm inner) power circuits. The screws are well made and allow the thread to be tightened around the wires with good strength. Quality is good. Cons:They are a little large in size. They could be sm... Read more

0 0
  • posted byanita79 on 04/15/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great little thingies. I use them for various wireless devices (Edimax, Airlive, Dlink) who use same connector. Easy to make "Power over Ethernet" or extending power cables without cutting them. Cons:No cons OtherThoughts:It is obvious, but they are... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJenTri on 02/06/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It's well made and cheap. It's perfect as replacement for some electronics of just for some DIY electronics. It's a common size, so that's also a big pro. Cons:There isn't anything that allows you to mount it on a surface. If you want to mount it, you'll have... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPeterAlicSP on 11/10/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Build quality is very good. Works reliable. No soldering needed for fast application. Cons:Don't remember anything right now. OtherThoughts:The part with screws could be lower ... but this on the other hand works as advantage when applying heat shrink wrap tub... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybergerandfries on 08/15/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:When used with SKU: 44708, you have a very solid connection that can handle up to 1A DC without heating up. Price is right! Cons:Not weather proof. OtherThoughts:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_connector is a good article if you want more information on this con... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPeponetas on 08/15/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It´s simply perfect, I used it in many surveillance systems and it works just perfect. Combined with the male jack and a pair of baluns lets you use utp cable instead of the expensive video cable. And you can connect 3 cameras over a single utp 4 pair cab... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections