DX » Community » Reviews » 5.5 x 2.1mm CCTV DC Power Sockets (10-Pack)
  • 5 star 13 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byltxapas on 02/19/2014

I was looking for an accesory to use some enclosed power supplies that have 5,1mm output jack. Although this is not the original purpose of the connector, it is fully compatible and the contact is robust and stable. This accesory permits to connect several power supplies in parallel or series without peeling the output cable and without breaking the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byecotack on 01/27/2014

They are cheap, easy to use, no need to get the soldering iron out and fiddle with the solder types that always end up shorting out when you screw the back on, or find out your wire is too thick, or you solder them and forget to slip the back on first. Good firm connection! None really, but other types of connectors would make a great addition. They ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystreubel on 01/26/2014

Exakt the same pieces I can buy in Germany for much more money than here. They work like I expected them to do. The screws are easy to use and the contact fits perfect to the other part. I cannot see any disadvantage by now. Use it if you need 1A or less DC quick connectors and don't need weather proof or can rig these to be weather proof yourself. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byale99amicucci on 11/01/2013

This is a very useful item and I use with CCTV cameras wiring with lan-cable. You don't have to use any tapes nor matches. Just this! You plug the camera and this is all you must do. There are no much cons. If you're accostumed to use this connector, you'll know. When you are on a stair with no more than one tool, you realise how easy is to connect ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygeneralsimpsoid on 10/24/2013

These are really well made. They fit standard size (5mm with 2.1mm inner) power circuits. The screws are well made and allow the thread to be tightened around the wires with good strength. Quality is good. They are a little large in size. They could be smaller since there is a decent amount of wasted plastic. Work well when combined with the other DX ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byanita79 on 04/15/2013

Great little thingies. I use them for various wireless devices (Edimax, Airlive, Dlink) who use same connector. Easy to make "Power over Ethernet" or extending power cables without cutting them. No cons It is obvious, but they are not water proof, so be careful. Positive and negative are well marked, wires can be screwed in real tight Both ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJenTri on 02/06/2013

It's well made and cheap. It's perfect as replacement for some electronics of just for some DIY electronics. It's a common size, so that's also a big pro. There isn't anything that allows you to mount it on a surface. If you want to mount it, you'll have to glue it. If you like working on electronics, then this is a must-have. It works like a charm.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPeterAlicSP on 11/10/2012

Build quality is very good. Works reliable. No soldering needed for fast application. Don't remember anything right now. The part with screws could be lower ... but this on the other hand works as advantage when applying heat shrink wrap tube to cover screws and provide support for cable where it breaks most usually, as the screw part bump prevents ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybergerandfries on 08/15/2012

When used with SKU: 44708, you have a very solid connection that can handle up to 1A DC without heating up. Price is right! Not weather proof. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_connector is a good article if you want more information on this connector type. Even though this is a 2.1mm center pin, it MIGHT work with 2.5mm pin connectors too. Use it if ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPeponetas on 08/15/2012

It´s simply perfect, I used it in many surveillance systems and it works just perfect. Combined with the male jack and a pair of baluns lets you use utp cable instead of the expensive video cable. And you can connect 3 cameras over a single utp 4 pair cable. No cons. Every technician should use it. It´s very simple to use, and you don&#180... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections