DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-188 Rapid Charger for 3.2V/3.7V Lithium Batteries (100~240V)
  • 5 star 7 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• http://dx.com/p/ultrafire-wf-188-rapid-charger-for-3-2v-3-7v-lithium-batter

posted by hirou on 03/02/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I have had 4 Lithium chargers and 9 NiMH battery charges and this is the best. It charges two batteries independently and to different voltages. This allows me to use batteries of different chemistry and it also has different charge rates. I generally slow charge my cells to keep the temperature down and the overall life of the cell high but I love the thought of moving up to the higher charge level if I needed to top of a cell in a hurry. There are times when I discover that my wife put away discharged 18650 cells and we are going on a long night bike ride and we need every cell we have. Its then I move the switch to the higher charge level. The contacts seem to be gold plated for good corrosion resistance. The charge lights blink red then go green when each cell is done.

Cons:

It is much more money than a single cell charger or a single voltage dual charger.

OtherThoughts:

If you use Lithium iron phosphate cells this is the charger for you. If you may use those cells one day, get this charger. You may think you will never buy them you could be wrong. The solar flood light sold for outdoor use already use them

Bottomline:

I'm glad I got mine and am working it pretty hard with no issues.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections