Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Works but not 100%

posted by lukasandrysik on 11/30/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Good price - these gadgets here in Czech republic are much expensive
    Big solar panel
    You don't care about batteries and about charging
    Brighter as i thought it will be, but hey, it is gadget/emergency light - don't compare it to super bright flashlight.
    USB charging function with controller (also big con, see below)

Cons:

Build quality is not so good - the solar panel is unprotected which is good for efficiency - no reflections from plastic and all energy goes straight to the panel but it is fragile.
    The charging controller is NOT working good - li-ion cells have maximum charging voltage 4,20V and I measured now 4,30V when charging from USB - voltage this high will kill the battery very soon! It can even explode in worst-case scenario.
    The battery is not 800mAh as promised - it is used standard LIR2440 - this type has around 90mah capacity but look at the price :-)

OtherThoughts:

The charging voltage is really bothering me! Maybe sometime will re-design the charging circuit :-)

Bottomline:

Good gadget as emergency light or just household portable light when you need for example find something under your bed.
    Good thing that it is still ready and you don't care about batteries - when you don't use so much, it will selfrecharge.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections