Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Will probably buy two or three more!

posted by ZombieOctopus on 05/04/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Simple to setup, no instructions required. Don't expect to see substantially more networks with a poor wireless antenna- this will make currently visible networks very strong in signal however. In my area it's very dense, I can "see" about 120 networks, most were 1-2 bars before; now most networks are 4-5 bars.

My own network went from -60 to -35 without moving the AP.

Cons:

Could stand to be about $10 or $20 cheaper- if that were the case I'd buy 3 for my AP and one for every mobile device I own for on the road lol.

Needing an AC source may be a con for some people but it's understandable considering what it's doing. Not a big deal for me.

OtherThoughts:

I've looked at some of the other in-line amps that claim an even higher gain like SKU: 112213 but no comments on them in such a long time.
    I use them mainly in field testing wireless deployments so they aren't on for long periods to interfere with others; if anyone knows the amp that will give me the highest possible gain, let me know!

Bottomline:

Buy this amp if you have any wireless connectivity issues at home or work! As long as you can reach the network as-is, just with low signal strength- this will pump it up to the max! Don't think twice, this will do what you want.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections