Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent

posted by myarse on 12/12/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

No drivers needed, works perfectly with Win7 64-bit. Basically does everything I needed from a front panel- HD audio (both HD & AC97 connectors), card reader, USB ports, E-SATA all work great. It has a separate MicroSD slot so no adapter is needed, also reads XD which is kinda rare. Good build quality.

Cons:

Connectors on the lower PCB (ie everything but the card reader) appear to be stuck in with glue so its not easy to remove unused wires (my motherboard doesnt have a 1394 header but I have to leave the cable dangling in there). USB cables could be a bit longer, they only just fit - on a board with headers further back they might not have reached.

OtherThoughts:

One of the USB ports isnt in line with the rest - personally I consider it a pro, as it allows room to plug in wider USB devices without blocking other ports.

I tested with an 8GB SD card but I don't have any 16/32GB ones so I'm not sure how it handles them - but its SDHC so they should be OK.

Bottomline:

If you want a front panel, and this one has the features you need, I can highly recommend it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections