There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent

posted by myarse on 12/12/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

No drivers needed, works perfectly with Win7 64-bit. Basically does everything I needed from a front panel- HD audio (both HD & AC97 connectors), card reader, USB ports, E-SATA all work great. It has a separate MicroSD slot so no adapter is needed, also reads XD which is kinda rare. Good build quality.

Connectors on the lower PCB (ie everything but the card reader) appear to be stuck in with glue so its not easy to remove unused wires (my motherboard doesnt have a 1394 header but I have to leave the cable dangling in there). USB cables could be a bit longer, they only just fit - on a board with headers further back they might not have reached.

One of the USB ports isnt in line with the rest - personally I consider it a pro, as it allows room to plug in wider USB devices without blocking other ports.

I tested with an 8GB SD card but I don't have any 16/32GB ones so I'm not sure how it handles them - but its SDHC so they should be OK.

If you want a front panel, and this one has the features you need, I can highly recommend it.

Post comment

DX Everywhere