Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Beyond Awesome and 20% cooler!

posted by mucz1 on 02/27/2013
    2 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Very tiny, and I really mean it, its like couple of LEGO bricks next to each other.
    - Very easy to use, the clasps for the wires makes things soldering-free.
    - POWERFUL! I could not believe it until I wired the Logitech X-230 speakers to it.. !
    - Very cheap
    - Very easy to power

Cons:

- for some, like myself, a bit unclear settings for the pins, using it with all the pins out
    - size, for some it may be a bit fiddly and easy to loose
    - noise from the jack - the 3.5mm jack seems a bit unstable so if you are getting lots of noise, try gently! pulling the audio jack inwards or try to fiddle to see for any improvement

OtherThoughts:

This is definitely a life-saver if you want to cosplay and want a powerful, yet portable solution.

I'm powering mine using 3x 18650 Trustfire (non-original) batteries with the 3x battery socket sold here as well and it works just perfect. Connected it to Logitech X-230 speakers (just the satellites) which is 4 speaker units in total (2 per channel) and the sound for mid/high tones is great. Lows are poor as its lacking the subwoofer but can live without it..

Bottomline:

This is certainly a great start for a beginner if you wish to create your own portable audio system, on cheap and yet have decent quality and longevity to it too!

Post comment

DX Everywhere