Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Beyond Awesome and 20% cooler!

posted by mucz1 on 02/27/2013
    2 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Very tiny, and I really mean it, its like couple of LEGO bricks next to each other.
    - Very easy to use, the clasps for the wires makes things soldering-free.
    - POWERFUL! I could not believe it until I wired the Logitech X-230 speakers to it.. !
    - Very cheap
    - Very easy to power

Cons:

- for some, like myself, a bit unclear settings for the pins, using it with all the pins out
    - size, for some it may be a bit fiddly and easy to loose
    - noise from the jack - the 3.5mm jack seems a bit unstable so if you are getting lots of noise, try gently! pulling the audio jack inwards or try to fiddle to see for any improvement

OtherThoughts:

This is definitely a life-saver if you want to cosplay and want a powerful, yet portable solution.

I'm powering mine using 3x 18650 Trustfire (non-original) batteries with the 3x battery socket sold here as well and it works just perfect. Connected it to Logitech X-230 speakers (just the satellites) which is 4 speaker units in total (2 per channel) and the sound for mid/high tones is great. Lows are poor as its lacking the subwoofer but can live without it..

Bottomline:

This is certainly a great start for a beginner if you wish to create your own portable audio system, on cheap and yet have decent quality and longevity to it too!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections