There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• VMA2015 15W Stereo Audio Amplifier

posted by logotrikes on 12/07/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Very crisp sound, bags of power driving my Fostex full range crossover-less Voight enclosures. It would probably drive all but the most complex speakers, but better with smaller full range or bookshelf speakers I feel owing to the small output. There is probably about 5 or 6 wpc of usable watts into 8 ohms, but this is more than enough, certainly for my set-up, to fill my listening room with quite decent sound. Plenty of detail but a bit light in the mid-range. Very pleasant sounding with no obvious vices that I've noticed yet.

The board is so small as to make connecting anything but the smallest of speaker wire into the tiny blocks. However I cheated by using 1.6mm brazing rod into the blocks with the amp in an enclosure and then hardwiring those rods to better quality binding posts. Ditto the RCA plugs I added...a perfect solution at little cost.

A bit hard working on the board owing to it's small size, but doable. It wouldn't put me off buying another.

Overall a bit of fun, a bit of fiddling around, but to me an excellent end result. I think it's cool that such a tiny amp in a cheap plastic box could give such good results.

Buy one and enjoy $20 worth of outlay...

Post comment

DX Everywhere