Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Amazing punch almost for free!

posted by MagnusLysoe on 12/09/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

What a brilliant little amp!:
    -Plays music at a high volume, even amplifies an iPod to a pretty high volume.
    -No distortion that I heard, even at very high volume.
    -The thing is SMALL! The area of it is just bigger than a normal cigarette lighter.
    -Develops little or no heat, even if played at high volume for quite some time.
    -Very convenient board layout.
    -Gain can be set from lowest to highest by moving one jumper.
    -On/off pins can easily be connected to a 3-pin switch.
    -Screw holes in the corners of the pcb, very nice for mounting!

Cons:

-Still haven't figured out how these terminals really work. Anyway, they are a little too small. Not that you need big cables for all the power going trough or anything, but it is basiclly hard to get cables that are small enough!

OtherThoughts:

Get a really small flat screwdriver for this! It is easy to screw the terminals with one, but you'll be swearing without it! May be smart to have some airspace around it if it is mounted in a closed case etc., because it produces a small amount of heat. (You can always touch the chips themselves, so we are not talking of much heat here!)

Bottomline:

Go right ahead and buy it! It is superior to anything I have ever seen for this price! Perfect for DIY, and as a daily amp, really!

• All wired up!
    • Together with my iPod.
    • Lying with Norwegian matchbox for size comparison.
    • Video in Norwegian, but you get to see and hear the amp pretty good anyway.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections