Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• The Capacity of these cells are about 375mAh, see

posted by iccyy on 04/19/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The battery looks good, internal resistance is very low, since unprotected, shorting will be dangerous. Repeated charging and discharing with the fast charger (30Min), slow,1hr, and 2hr(limit to 3.7V) looks fine. See Attached charge-discharge cycling photo,measured at 30 sec intervals.

Cons:

One Big issue is that the capacity is way low in the 375mAh irrspective of charging time (generally, slow charging will store more charge..) This put it at the lowest capacity of the branded cells. With this I do not thrust the product rating. One problem is therefore I could not order what I want. DxExtreme will serve its customers better, and therefore generate more business by insisting that the true capacity be posted.

OtherThoughts:

My original intent is to use 2 in 6V flashlight using CREE XR lamp. Halfway through testing I discovered serious imbalance, one cell was about 1V, which had been running short test for a few seconds.) Lithium cells running in serius MUST have active balancing ciruit built in like those in Laptops, otherwise the risk of fire and explosion is a matter of when. I thereby decided to use one 3.7v lithium with reduced light output.

Bottomline:

Most devices running on battery do not have under-voltage cut-off, meaning they will run the battery to zero-volt. This is bad and dangerous for Lithium. I have ordered the 1.5V to 3.7V LED drivers which had been waiting for more than a month. Looking at the components, it does not seems to have such feature. Because of that, I using single 2.2 ohm resistor in series direct drive. (below 2.3volt, LED will not turn on.)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections