Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Definitely recommended

posted by Sencured on 12/30/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-Very bright light. Friends and colleagues of mine own some much more expensive headlamps, but this is way better.
    -Very concentrated light at minimum flood (throw). During the night, this light will light up your path some two hundred meters ahead of you.
    -This is quite comfortable to wear, and despite the somewhat clumsy look of it, this headlamp both feels good and looks good when you put it on.
    -The first mode is high mode. I like this. My previous headlamp's modes were low-mid-high-strobe, very annoying.
    -It uses 18650 batteries, perfect for all kinds of flashlights and headlamps. I use the sku.28678 batteries (with sku.13820 charger).
    -The white "LED" sign at the back of the battery pack lights up (red light) when turned on, using the same mode as the main light. It isn't strong at all though, but strong enough. People can see where the back of your head is.
    -Feels expensive.

Cons:

-Personally, I would prefer only one mode (on/off!). The strobe mode is really annoying, and I don't see any use for it. Luckily, the button is quite good, so going from high mode to off only takes half a second.
    -The hinge looks weak, but feels all right. It's not like you have to use it very often, so don't worry.
    -Not so much flood. Also, when flooding, there's some rings along the edge, but this doesn't bother me at all.

OtherThoughts:

Buy two. I just got one and I'm going to buy another one, at least.

Bottomline:

Perfect for late night strolls in the woods, as a gift, or just for showing off.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections