Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent for price.

posted by blackicepc on 05/30/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Looks great except for a few things.

a "break in" it now keeps pretty good time for a cheap skeleton, maybe a minute gained/lost a day. I'm satisfied with that for the price I paid. I mess with it so much that it doesn't bother me to adjust the time here and there.

This watch has the best PU band I've used yet. Very flexible, sturdy, and breathes well. One of the noticeable plusses of this piece.

Metal clasp, metal bezel, metal case, almost all internals metal.

I've had many compliments on this watch. People almost always guess that it cost much more than the actual price.

Cons:

Didn't work well at all from the factory - almost returned it.

The "Daybird sport watch" thing around the face looks somewhat cheap. As does the "Caliper reading" markings around the face.

The auto winding is not nearly enough to keep this guy going, even when wearing active all day. This problem is compounded by the fact that the manual winding is a little messed up.

The inside of the watch has some white plastic in it that is visible if viewed on an angle.

OtherThoughts:

My sample arrived with some serious issues. My video posted here explains more, but basically the watch was losing HOURS a day! It would also just stop randomly regardless of spring tension. I think something must have been causing friction or something, and that must have worn away because the piece is now working fine.

The spring holds enough power for ~48hrs till dead from full tension (note: don't tighten the spring 100%), maybe just a little under.

Bottomline:

When this watch first came, I was very concerned and disappointed with the problems I was having. However, after a few weeks those problems went away, seemingly overnight.

Now that the problems have gone away, I'm quite satisfied with the watch. I've got many compliments and the usual guess as to price is usually far above the real price.

I'm satisfied enough with this watch that I'm considering getting it's silver colored brother with the metal band :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections