DX » Community » Reviews » 44-LED Music Controlled Decorative Blue Light for Vehicles (DC 12V)
  • 5 star 9 ( 64% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Awesome lights, but VERY VERY BRIGHT!

posted by queryno4 on 09/27/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-Does what it claims.

-Controller box is sensitive and the adjuster-knob allows setting the sensitivity from nothing detected to everything detected, and everywhere in-between.

-Build quality isn't spectacular, but holds up so far.

-Comes with 3M mounting strips

-Bright

Cons:

-Bright. Incredibly so. Don't put these in direct sight if you plan to drive & use these at night. Seriously, don't, because you'll be nearly blinded. Mount them under a seat or something.

OtherThoughts:

-I mounted these under the front seats of my car because they were too bright to put anywhere else.

-I dunno about other countries, but the red LEDs that are always on plus the blue flashing ones might break laws about police lights; another reason to put them mostly out of sight.

-'Full' mode (for keeping all lights on all the time) lights my car noticeably more than the neon lights I have, at a small fraction of the size.

Bottomline:

Awesome buy, but don't underestimate the brightness and expect to mount them at the sides of your head unit like the box portrays.

These, Basshunter on the radio, and me. Way too awesome. Nearly drove off the rode twice because I was enjoying myself so much. Heh, drive responsibly...

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections