DX » Community » Reviews » 78-Key Compact Slim USB Keyboard - Black (160CM-Cable)
  • 5 star 12 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty good keyboard

posted by Jules321 on 01/25/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- VERY nice typing feeling.

- VERY thin... although it has a non-slim protuberance in the back to provide certain inclination. See the pictures carfeully.

- Seems durable.

- Decent cable length.

- Small factor but standard-size keys.

- "Fn" laptop-like key.

- Has hinges :D.

- Hinges lock on the keyboard base with metal pieces. Never seen that in a keyboard.

- Looks nice.

Cons:

- Mine came with a tiny impression defect in the "H" key. No functional problems, of course. May be I just had bad luck.

- The surface of the base keyboard (not the keys) is glossy plastic. If you stick your finger in it, you'll be able to clearly see your fingerprint on it.

- The keys are somewhat rised, so if you look at the keyboard obliquely, you'll see the hinges that support the keys. It isn't ugly (in fact I kind of like it), but the dust gets in fairly easy.

- The cable seems a little thin to me, but i've seen them thinner.

OtherThoughts:

I'm pretty happy with the keyboard but i'm still getting used to it. I work as a programmer and i use pretty much ALL the keys in the keyboard, but I still hadn't the oportunity to try to use it for coding. Anyway, I have a good feeling about it.

Bottomline:

Rock on! (?)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections