There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great buy!

posted by hyperloop on 11/23/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I already own a C3 and this fits perfectly. Threads came unlubed but a drop of Break Free and it's as smooth as silk!

Runtimes on 2xAA Sanyo eneloops 1.2v 2000 mAh hit 3hrs and 45 minutes before i cut the test, light was visibily not as a bright but still very usable in dark conditions.

I now load it with 2500 mAh Soshine batteries bought from DX [url=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.487]HERE[/url] and i now expect longer runtimes than that. The cells come with a battery case too for easy carrying (please check reviews on that product)

Have tried using it in 3xAA format but need a magnet to be installed as the 2nd extension tube does not make contact with the negative end of the cell in the 1st extension tube.

Please remember ONLY use 1.2v rechargable or primaries (if these can ever be found) 1.2 x 3 = 3.6v (no problem), 1,5 x 3 = 4.5v (fry your light time).

Absolutely a great deal!

Cons:

NONE! Zilch, zip, nada, it's simple and it works.

OtherThoughts:

If you want extended runtimes, get this for the single cell Ultrafire C3, if you want even longer runtimes, get another for a 3xAA Ultrafire C3 (but make sure you get some magnets too)

Bottomline:

Get this, don't even hesitate, it gives you extended runtimes and with the Soshine cells i referred to earlier, you will have 12 hours of light in your hands. AAs are cheap and easy to find, you could carry 12 spares and have 24 hours worth of light at a negligible weight.

Use this with a 5 mode C3 and it would be even longer due to the lower outputs available.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections