DX » Community » Reviews » MagicShine MJ-808 HA-III SSC P7-C (SXO)3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Bike Light Set
  • 5 star 14 ( 64% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Super Bright

posted by Dieselcrunch on 09/17/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Really, there are some that rate this light lower than 5-star for value? At this price point at either REI or MEC you would be lucky to get a light capable of 100 - 150 lumens - this light has 900 lumens of power. The housing of the light is CNC aluminium - accurate and effective at dissipating heat. The battery is housed in a plastic shell with a well designed velcro mounting system and a LED volt read-out that illuminates when touched. This whole package is well done - even the box that it comes in.

Cons:

This system is a battery and light as two separate pieces with a necessary wire connecting them. Those that don't like wires have something to gripe about. You have to be diligent to find anything negative about this light. Shipping can take more time than you may be prepared for - 6 to even 8 weeks for Canada, but well worth the wait.

OtherThoughts:

I also have bought the CT - 808 for use on my helmet - this combination is fantastic. If you storm the woods in the dark, you won't be in the dark. I've also ordered the 1600 lumen flood but haven't received it yet.

Bottomline:

A friggin' flame-thrower. Buy the light and blind your whining friends with their dim, expensive candles.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections