DX » Community » Reviews » MagicShine MJ-808 HA-III SSC P7-C (SXO)3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Bike Light Set
  • 5 star 14 ( 64% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best thing I've bought from DX

posted by Avucc on 04/03/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Well, I've used it in bicycling it shines bright at any temperature. I live in Finland, so the temperature gets pretty low in winter and I've run it as low as -25 C.
    I have also used it as a temporary repair light, with the rubber band it'll mount on anything.
    I have used it for a 4 hour after dark spear fishing trip, and it does the trick. Normally we use an old car headlight with a car battery. This was better by far. The battery ran out though, but only at the end of the trip and it wasn't fully charged to begin with. We were all very amazed buy the performance of this light.
    Battery pack is nice and the battery lasts at least what they promise.

Cons:

The cord is too short for anything but cycling, but you can (AND SHOULD) buy the additional wire.
    The colored warning lights on the switch aren't really useful or very informative. And in the end it just goes out. I guess it could be a good thing also: No dimming.

OtherThoughts:

It would be nice to have a bigger replacement battery for the headband. It could weight 3 times more with a belt attachment or a backpack. It'd be cool to get like 12 h of light out of it in a headband.
    Come to think of it, one might DIY better battery...

Bottomline:

Excellent, worth every penny. Need a rugged all season bright light with tons of utility? Go no further.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections