There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• initial report

posted by Smithx357 on 11/10/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

I got this light to as my EDC light, I work in maintenance in a large old office building with a lot of dark corners. This light fills the bill for a pocket tool.
    #1 It's well made. Threads are smooth, O-rings are lubed, Pocket clip is sturdy. Fit and finish are first rate. Clickie is tight to case and operates smoothly.
    #2 It's Small. I need a small light to use to find things in dark crevices. This fits unobtrusively in the pocket allowing me to get to keys or my SAK.
    #3 Common power source. Working in an office batteries are not an issue other than fit, the company buys AAs AAAs and Ds so this AA light works.s the light is worthless to me.
    #4 Easy to use. 3 modes with memory, no instructions needed.
    #5 Bright. Though nowhere near 240 lumens (my guess is more around 150) It is as bright as i really need.

Cons:

#1 Brightness. It nowhere near advertised specs.
    #2 Power modes close. High power is good. Low power mode is way too bright for reading and will still blind you.

OtherThoughts:

It throws a nice clean white light with an even spread. It's easily the best made light I have yet to purchase from DX.
    I'll post more after a few months of hard use.

Bottomline:

This light will work for my job. Only you can decide if it's right for your job.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections