DX » Community » Reviews » Eastward YJ J09 Cree XP-G R5 3-Mode 240-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*AA)
  • 5 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 75% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good, but there's room for improvement.

posted by gadgetoholic on 04/22/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

+The light looks really nice, the size is just perfect and feels good in hand.
    +Really nice light with plenty of useful spill.
    +The threads came lubed.
    +Glass lens should survive the inside of my pocket without scratches.
    +XP-G R5 LED
    +Metal clicky. (read cons)
    +Solid clip. (read cons)

Cons:

-As others have mentioned the clicky rattles, makes the construction feel less nice, although I still like it better than a rubber one. Don't know about water resistance though.
    -Clip attached so strong that its not very removable, at least not without scratching the light.
    -Modes are useless (medium too strong, strobe too slow), whilst in medium the driver produces a high frequency sound. Would be way better in 1 mode.

OtherThoughts:

It will act as my EDC light, the light coming from this is very useful.

Bottomline:

Considering the cons, the price should be lower, there are cheaper R5 alternatives to to buy without some of these problems. The Trustfire R5-A3 (sku.39062) and UniqueFire G10 (only 14 dollars, sku.55244) come to mind. Although if one wants a really good looking light this is still a decent buy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections