• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great versatile light!

posted by baker on 07/21/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-Latest LED-technology in great package.
    -Great many variations availble (battery types, number of batteries..)
    -Great perfomance
    -Low price
    -Perfekt allround light.

Cons:

-We miss the holster!
    -No own package/box, comes i a plastic bag.
    -I ordered 3, one of them have some problem with the switch, small glitch or something. I´ll probably solve this myself.

OtherThoughts:

I´ve compared this with the Fenix L2D CE (a popular heads up it seems.. ;)) and beside the color of the light (blue from C3, yellow from L2D) they are pretty equal. Ofcourse the Fenix has a great advantage with it´s multiple modes, but that´s something you´ll have to pay twice as much for...

When it comes to output I dare to say that C3 (with 2xAA alkaline) performs equal to L2D on HIGH (not turbo). It´s hard to say exactly because the human eye reacts different with blue/yellow light, but for lighting up objects at medium range they both do great.

I also compared C3 with the popular VIPPA (1xAA luxeon) and although VIPPA performs really good for "it´s generation" ofcourse the C3 is far better, especially in medium/long distance.

Bottomline:

A perfect buy for anyone who needs a versatile, yet "basic", light with really good performance. If you lack experience of LED lights - prepare to get chocked!

For anyone who still have such high thoughts about the common, overrated, 2xAA incandescent Maglite (for example) STOP THAT! This is 2007 - go get a CREE!! :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections