Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Oh yes, these are the ones.

posted by outanet on 01/18/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

These as you have probably guessed are proper ceramic knives. They proved their sharpness when I tried to shave the hair from my arm, it was easy, I was going to try my face but I had proved the point to myself and suddenly had a premonition of standing in a hospital with blood streaming from my neck saying "I wanted to see how sharp it was!" Anyway, they are brittle but strong, like a china cup and have a nice feel. Im using the small one in a tool box for stripping wire as it is sharper than a stanley.

Cons:

the wooden presentation box does its job and has a nice clasp but it has been rushed and lacks quality.... just the box.

The only actual bad point is that when using the knives, your fingers get very close to the heel of the blade and I have cut myself more than once. I took pliers to the chefs knife and removed the offending corner, however this is not so easily done with the smaller knives which by virtue of their size are the main offenders.

OtherThoughts:

When I first got them, I spent hours cutting fruit which normally would take some pressure, but not with these.

Please note that apparently ceramic knives don't show up on airport xray machines and there is legislation in some countrys trying to ban them. eB4y wont sell them and you may have problems if caught trying to import them if it isn't legal.

Bottomline:

If you buy these, you will never want to go back to steel knives again. well worth the price and I'm going to get more replacing all my knives.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections