• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great knives, crappy case

posted by lucascvasc on 01/16/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The knives are perfect, they're exactly what I'd expected from them, this means they're not the most sharp ceramic knives ever, but are still way sharper then reasonable priced steel knives. They coasted me less then BRL60, and similar kits won't coast less then BRL120 in Brazil, even in absurd shopping club offers.

Cons:

The case's quality is pretty poor. It already had damaged edges and the inside material was a little thorn when I received the knives. And the lock is loose!!
    It gave the entire kit a poor first impression. They'll be given as gifts for my father in law, and certainly the whole gift will lose some value because of the case. :-(

OtherThoughts:

Nice knives, but as many people here are saying, the case is crappy. It will be ok to protect the knives, but won't be ok for a good gift or for an exigent owner.
    For a second line, I saw some people asking about sharpening. Ceramic knives are not meant to be sharpened!
    Just keep them away from glass, stones and bones and they should live long enough to pay themselves off.
    Anyway, it feels possible to sharpen them despite their frangibility through a lot of patience, time and a fine whetstones. I just don't think it is worth the trouble. Buy some steel knives if you're planning on spending time on maintinence.

Bottomline:

Not a good gift because of the case. Nice option if you're not willing to spend money on expensive steel knives and know these somehow can't be sharpened, nor ever touch bones, glass or stone.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections