DX » Community » Reviews » 7" Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knife (17.7CM-Blade)
  • 5 star 27 ( 84% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 16% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good knife for this price, but not very sharp...

posted by Sprite_tm on 05/27/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

DX sent the knife well-packaged: not only was it stll in its original packaging, the DX staff actually wrapped an extra layer of bubble foam around it. The knife itself looks really good; black with a nice matte black handle. It fits in my hand perfectly and feels fairly balanced. Chopping stuff like vegetables works OK...

Cons:

...but the knife is not very sharp, so slicing stuff like meat isn't too easy. I may be a bit spoiled by the other knifes I have here (J. A. Henckels stuff) but they are fairly old, need to be re-sharpened, and still manage to be sharper than this brand new knife.

OtherThoughts:

My knife arrives with a small chip off the blade at the base of the knife. Nothing I want to send it back for, but you may want to take a good look at yours as soon as you unpack it and inspect it for damage.

Bottomline:

It's OK to have one to do some chopping, but it's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you excuse the pun.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections