• 3 star 2 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Backup your SMS and addressbook today!

posted by milliwhat on 08/17/2007

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Much, much cheaper than the official ones, but absolutely no difference. I had no problems hooking it up to my Nokia 6610i. Then I installed Wammu on my Kubuntu-based PC, and I was quickly making a backup of the address book, my SMS messages...
    And it works both ways- so loading up a new phone with contacts details, need not take forever.
    Cable is approximately 1.2m long, and the connectors at both ends feel solid.

Cons:

None. The phone I used it on has no bluetooth, and most computers have no IrDA, so really it's the *only* option for connectivity.

OtherThoughts:

I can't speak to the quality of the included software, as I'm a Linux user, and used what came with that, which worked perfectly.
    The illustration is not quite the same as mine, in that the sticker doesn't say "Nokia" on it, since this isn't made by Nokia. That shouldn't put you off if my positive experience is anything to go by.
    I'm yet to try sending SMS from my computer via the phone, but I will (my thumbs are not fast enough to type on the phone, but then, I am an old man now).

Bottomline:

Don't wait until you lose your phone or have it stolen to think "Oh yes, I should have had a backup of the data on my phone", get this and do it today.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections