• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great universal connectors

posted by PeterAlicSP on 11/10/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Works reliable. Build quality is very good. No soldering needed for fast application.

Cons:

None.

OtherThoughts:

The part with screws could be lower ... but this on the other hand works as advantage when applying heat shrink wrap tube to cover screws and provide support for cable where it breaks most usually, as the screw part bump prevents wrap to slip down. BTW I saw exactly those connectors used for professional surveillance system. I use them for many hobby projects and for repair. Bought also 5.5 x 2.1mm CCTV DC Power Female Jack Connector (10-Pack)
    SKU: 44060, to make some of my charging devices (like charging stand for electric screwdriver battery) exchangeable on different power supplies (original usually do not provide enough current for fast charfing). I use them also to measure voltage and especially current of some chargers. It works without flaw for all that pourposes. One warning: If you intend to use it without screw part as soldered connector ... its possible but very very hard. Here good build quality comes as disadvantage when removing a part of it.

Bottomline:

This size is used universally form many appliances ... and this part is great ... buy!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections