Customer’s impression:
I am glad
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great for aquarium

posted by Bratwurst on 01/15/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Sturdy plastic construction, this device is molded with clips in the back so that it could be panel mounted through a rectangular cutout. The temperature reading is very responsive and accurate, the display is big and easy to read.

As stated elsewhere in a discussion thread this device does have a LR44 battery inside for voltage stabilization. Not sure how well it will work without it. The probe is not weighted and isn't very heavy.

Bought this to use for my freshwater aquarium as maintaining a consistent temperature is very important, though since the probe tends to float, you would have to loop the wire through a heavy metal nut or washer to keep it underwater. I plan to run the wire beneath gravel and have the probe hide inside a hollow decoration so it's less obvious.

For the price (compared to how much you'd pay elsewhere) this is a great little thermometer and its shortcomings are easily resolved.

Post comment

DX Everywhere