Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cheap dry case!

posted by kitermatjas on 02/22/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Nice, that was for sure my first impression. The plastic feels thick and good enough. The seals in the top seem to close good en you have to press pretty hard to close them. So I put my camera in en looked how it fitted.
    The camera fitted perfect but the lens was a bit cramped (standard kit lens canon 18-55).
    For the next test I placed a box wrapped in toilet paper in the sack en tryed in the sink, to drown it. Afther the drown test I'd tried the paper underneath the faucet but the seals were doing there job and keept the water out! Good job!

Cons:

The camera switching wheels are hard to use. esspacially the wheels you need to turn. So you almost have to choose one shutter time before putting it in to the case. (or just put it up to full automatic)
    The lens hole is so thin it is really tight arround your lens. When you want to zoom the sack also turns around and advantually it is blocking your zoom.

OtherThoughts:

Maybe it is usefull to make the lens hole a littel bigger so you can put some bigger lenses in it. Also make it al little wider so your lens can be bit thicker too. It is a small fit size now.

Bottomline:

It is a really cheap case for your DSLR compairing too the ones you find on the internet. But this one also have his cons. I will use it for making surf pictures my friends would like. But if you wanna make really good sharp pictures you will be needing glass instead of plastic!
    And three seals witch have to protect your camera in depths of 20 meters? No way!
    So buy if you want to make some pictures of your kids in the water.
    Do not if you wanna go dive with it.
    (sorry for wrong spelling)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections