Customer’s impression:
Useful Simple
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Nice, but not for classic AAA batterries

posted by mapleIII on 08/24/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- batteries can be rechargable, so you don't have to "buy battery and then throw"
    - clip is comfortable for many places as notebook display, ebook reader or table
    - even the power is done by 3x AAA in a clip, the lamp is quite small, which is fine
    - 2 LEDs are fine to control the brightness level
    - batteries can be easily replaced

Cons:

- classic AAA batteries cannot be inserted (can be, but the cover cannot be closed then), I have tried alkaline and rechargable AAA also, but no luck - need to use a tape to stick the cover (I have 3 pieces and all are the same) - maybe I need some special "small" Chinese AAA batteries
    - "good" batteries are not included
    - light is a weak, even both LEDs are on
    - a little bit heavier due to 3 AAA batteries and bigger clip
    - switch on/off is placed on lamp head and its build quiality is quite poor, sometimes you must a little bit persuade lamp to switch on

OtherThoughts:

Weaker light is probably thanks to lower voltage (about 3.6V), competitive products powered by e.g. 2x lion CR2032 (running on 3V) can have then 6V and the light is then a little bit better. But - this lamp has 2 LEDs and it is fine to control the brightness by switching off one of them - there is no need to light every time on full power.
    The big trouble is with the battery cover (or the size of the battery place), it cannot handle standard AAA batteries, they are too big for this lamp.

Bottomline:

If the build quality will be better, it could be a very nice lamp. Unfortunately, I didn't find any AAA battery which can be placed into and close the back cover then. With proper batteries I would recommend the lamp.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections