Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Opposite direction but still very good and handy

posted by MrZebedee on 02/02/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Sturdy build quality.
    - Reasonable price (cheaper than local stores).
    - Very handy for tight spaces, lots of cables, junctions, switches or all the above concurrently (God help you if that's what you're dealing with).
    - Mates snugly with cables/switch, very small amount of vertical play but that's fine (don't play with it, you'll go blind).

Cons:

- Was expecting an adapter that bent 90­° to the left, oriented with the widest part of the male plug at the top, like the one in the picture. This one actually bends 90° to the right.
    - I don't believe that's real gold on there, so that blows my get rich scheme. It still functions perfectly fine all the same.
    - Plug/socket don't mate completely (meaning all the way in) but that is fairly normal (usually a gap, more or less).

OtherThoughts:

Now if only DX can get one that bends in the opposite direction to this SKU and give it the pictures that this SKU needs people could just order both and have one for each occasion.

Bottomline:

I actually need one that bends 90° to the left. In the end I found a use for this one anyway, it's doing a great job in that role.
    If you have a few HDMI devices then chances are you're going to need this at some point so just chuck it in with one of your orders and throw it into the gender bender / adapter drawer for future use - just be aware IT BENDS THE OPPOSITE WAY to the pictures. -1 usefulness for this.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections