DX » Community » Reviews » Wireless Multimedia Infrared IR Remote Controller with USB Receiver for PC/Laptop (1*CR2025)
  • 5 star 6 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Awesome for lazy people ;)

posted by Arukk on 06/10/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It works well, as long as you don't block the signal in any way. It came with a F to M USB extension cable, which i'm assuming is so that you can keep the reciever and remote within view of each other when there aren't any visable USB ports available :P

Cons:

The flashing light is slightly annoying after a while. Infared signals work basically through light patterns.. And every time the reciever ''sees'' a flash from any remote, the LED on the reciever flashes in the same pattern as it saw. And i mean any infared transmitter.. Including my motion sensor.. Also, most modern remotes don't need to be in such direct view.. But i suppose it's alright for the price :P

OtherThoughts:

I would really, really like to disconnect the LED.. And I haven't gotten around to it yet, but if you wish to use it with XBMC, you might have to change a few settings on the computer in order for it to open up XBMC rather than windows media center.

Bottomline:

Perfect for anyone who use any type of computer as a media center, with a bit of modding i even got it to work on linux. It is a much cheaper solution than purchasing a computer remote from a local store.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections