Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Pretty good little booklight

posted by clanky on 06/15/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I received this as a Christmas present because I read A LOT a needed a sturdier book light. It's now June, and it's still going strong. I love that this takes AAA batteries because I HATE replacing/buying those little watch batteries. I like that it has a dimmer and a very prominent "click" for the "on/off" positions. I know I'm not wasting batteries because it firmly clicks "off".

Cons:

I've taken very good care of it, but it's still scratched. This causes problems when you want to use it the way it's intended (laying it flat on the page you are reading) because the scratches reflect the light and obstruct your view. I usually just hold it and shine the light onto the book. The size is sometimes a pro, and sometimes a con depending on what you're trying to read (magazine vs book and smaller book vs larger book). I personally think the price is a little high for the overall quality, but it does get the job done and it's much nicer than the ones that clip over pages in the book.

The light does have a blueish tint, it doesn't bother me, but I can only assume that it might irritate some people.

OtherThoughts:

Not bad for what it does; easy to change the batteries, and they seem to last a long time. You might want to leave the protective plastic on it when you get it (it's like the thin, clear film they put over cell-phone or iPod screens when you first buy them) I don't think it would obstruct anything, and it might keep the screen from scratching as quickly (or at all).

Bottomline:

I would suggest doing some shopping around before buying this product because it has some minor bugs, but they are easily worked around for those who just need a light and aren't too picky about it. If you are looking for something that is perfect, this might not be the product for you; but overall, it conveniently gets the job done.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections