Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- strong light;
- there's a dimmer wheel so you can set up the amount of light you want;
- the idea is good and well engineered, I opened it to see how it was done and the LEDs are inside the plexiglas and thus give good light; also the plexiglas is tapered so the light reflects towards the page rather than out of it.
- the packaging can't protect it during transport and the tiny plastic foil it was folded with couldn't protect it from scratches;
- the tiny black holder was apart when it arrived and I couldn't find a way to put it back - again poor quality;
- speaking of poor quality: the dimmer wheel is defective and rotates badly with "jumps", that's because it's fixed with a screw: if you tighten it it won't turn anymore, if you let it loose it turns too much at certain rotation angles;
- it gets more scratches very easily and they are very visible;
- I bought it for the kindle and it fits almost perfectly, the only downside being it covers the keyboard (I keep it in place with a clip); the turning page buttons remains free anyway. I'm planning on cutting a piece so I can access the keyboard.
I really would like to give it a higher rating, but it's really cheaply built.
Still worth it because of the good idea and the relatively low price, but I expected more.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.