• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great idea, poor quality but it works

posted by Tigers75 on 06/28/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- strong light;

- there's a dimmer wheel so you can set up the amount of light you want;

- the idea is good and well engineered, I opened it to see how it was done and the LEDs are inside the plexiglas and thus give good light; also the plexiglas is tapered so the light reflects towards the page rather than out of it.

Cons:

- the packaging can't protect it during transport and the tiny plastic foil it was folded with couldn't protect it from scratches;

- the tiny black holder was apart when it arrived and I couldn't find a way to put it back - again poor quality;

- speaking of poor quality: the dimmer wheel is defective and rotates badly with "jumps", that's because it's fixed with a screw: if you tighten it it won't turn anymore, if you let it loose it turns too much at certain rotation angles;

- it gets more scratches very easily and they are very visible;

OtherThoughts:

- I bought it for the kindle and it fits almost perfectly, the only downside being it covers the keyboard (I keep it in place with a clip); the turning page buttons remains free anyway. I'm planning on cutting a piece so I can access the keyboard.

Bottomline:

I really would like to give it a higher rating, but it's really cheaply built.

Still worth it because of the good idea and the relatively low price, but I expected more.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections