• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Bright and excellent battery life.

posted by Hojusaram on 02/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I use this light on my road racing bike. The light is very bright. In fact, I like to use the low level unless its very dark and no traffic. The light illuminates the road well and allows other road users to see me without blinding them. Battery life is excellent and there is a coloured indicator on the back of the light to indicate battery level. It's also tells you that power is on.

Cons:

The beam could be just a little wider for road use, but it's still much better than other lights I have used. I would prefer a better light mount, but it does the job. The o-rings provided are not a good size for my oversize road bars, one too small other too large. I had to add some rubber tape under the mount to stop the light tilting when I hit a bump.

I also modified the battery pouch to securely fit to my bike. The strap is good but the flap is too wide.

The charger was intermittant when it arrived so I opened it. I found the mains 240v wires had dry joints and were loose on the contacts. I soldered the wires to the contacts and the charger has worked flawlessly since. I'm a technician otherwise I would have asked for a replacment.

The indicator light stays on while ever power is connected, so when not in use I unplug the battery.

OtherThoughts:

Photos showing:

The folded and sewn battery pouch flap to shorten it.

The indicator light illuminated blue. Green fully charged Red low charge.

The rubber tape to allow secure light mounting.

The battery pouch mounted so it doesn't interfear with the brake cable.

The battery Pack with cable and plug.

Bottomline:

Excellent value light even if it has some problems. I would definately buy again. With some modification it can be a brilliant light. Recommended buy!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections