Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not perfect but close to

posted by lmelnikov on 10/10/2012
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

A lot brighter than the bike lights from the local store I have seen before. It makes a road and obstacles more visible not only in darkness but under streetlights too. Lightens up a road in front of a bike in front of me. Very long battery life: riding at night not too often, I charge it only 2 times a year. The battery indicator is very convent: changes color at 100%--80%--50%--20% charge remaining. The LED unit is very lightweight thanks to separating from a battery compartment, and because of this, it does not need a bulky mount to hold it securely enough: it stays in place even on high bumps or at a high speed.

Cons:

Most of the cons are personal. The battery bag does not fit well on my bike's 35 mm square stem: the velcro is too short (and I do not believe it will work for a long time) and the buckle strap is too long allowing the bag to slip down. They say a misbalance in batteries can become a problem. Charge indicator lights all the time drowning energy and gathering unneeded attention at parking. Therefore, the light needs to be disconnected from the battery every time, leaving the cable ends dangling around and vulnerable for accidental water drops.

OtherThoughts:

Water drops leave traces on the lens, so it needs cleaning sometimes -- even not so well seen drops lower the brightness noticeably.

Bottomline:

This light was not cheap but it worth the money!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections