There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• relatively ok quality, bargain price

posted by teoubg1 on 06/25/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

- cheap - in local stores i can find it for $30-40, and they had only models with keys
    - simple to use
    - no key to lose :)
    - cable strength, although not the best, seems adequate

Cons:

The build quality of the lock is a bit of a concern. The locking tooth is wobbly, sometimes it has a hard time when pulling out of the slot, the combination rings are not very precise (initially i could not open it with 0000, i messed it and dialed 0000 again and it opened). I would not trust this product for everyday operation for a long time. But it's ok for me, i will only use it occasionally.

OtherThoughts:

I actually thing models with combination lock are a bit more secure than the others, after seeing this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIQIJpOhV4c

Also, contrary to some previous reviews, i find the setup procedure very easy. Just use one hand to hold the lock and the pressed on the setting knob ballpoint pen and turn the diald with the other hand.

Bottomline:

For that price, it's ok for occasional use in crouded places like universities or workplaces. If you want real security - make insurance of the hardware and protect data with encryption and Intel anti-theft program.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections