DX » Community » Reviews » 5W LED Emitter on Star (White Light)
Customer’s impression:
Super USEFUL FOR DYI
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byEnergon on 07/05/2015

This Produkt is perfekt to use with a 6 V DC Battery (old Cars and so ) You used this LED with out a Electronic ! It works perfekt.

Impression:Super;

0 0 0

• posted byHARAGAN38 on 12/19/2014

Really Bright 5W white light, you can not stare at it. with 4,5 volt it make relly light. Cons, to use it for any appliance need to weld the connexions.

Impression:USEFUL FOR DYI ;

0 0 0

• posted byPlutohunden on 01/07/2013

Two 5W LEDs in series (6,5V+6,5V=13V), which makses it suitable for connection to a 12V lead battery, which is kept at little above 13Volts with continuous charging. I have used several pairs of these for getting light into a storage room. Use of pairs of 5W LEDS instead of 10W LEDs give better... Read more

0 0 2

• posted byBonehead3 on 12/20/2012

-Good quality on all the ones I've gotten(~10) -Quite powerful, don't look into it even without lens .. It'll hurt your eyes. -Double pads for positive and negative terminals makes for easy wire-routing in more advanced setups. -Most lenses/reflectors seems to fit this emitter quite good, my be a... Read more

0 0 2

• posted bybrussell on 07/28/2011

Cheap Very Bright (Even running them well short of 5W) Easy to use Nothing really Have patience while soldering, with the star it takes a little time to get hot. Also be careful because the heating of the star can cause the solder that holds the LEDs can get soft. Almost a pro actually due to Ran... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bysteve000 on 05/20/2011

The LED's themselves are very bright. I have found the following. Soldering to them is weird, using a 18w soldering iron, the solder would take a while to melt, then when it would melt and stick to the pad it would cool for a sec. I imagine this is because of the heatsink star they are attached I... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byuglyandbroke on 05/01/2011

As noted in another review(s), it gives off a lot of light for it's size. I got it in October of 2010 but finally now got around to setting it up. I hope I was sent the right one. All the heat discussed in one or more other reviews is no longer a problem and I can safely touch it after it's been... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bybigbounderrv on 03/30/2011

This 5W LED Emitter is better than I figured it would be. I have a tactical flashlight that had a 7 watt led on a star, it lasted less than a week ( think I put the batteries in backwards) (which I think was a Q5 being over driven with 7.2 vdc) I have to say it is almost as bright. I put a 12~24... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byPoetman on 01/21/2011

Good bright LED for DIY projects. -Bright -Allmost the brightness of 2 x Q5! -Good value Should come as bare LED. Because when you want to make a multiple LED flashlight you need to get the led of the star. I made a flashlight with 3 of these LEDS inside. Very bright but also very floody. And I I... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byMirkovich on 10/21/2010

Excellent item. Bought three, all work and they've almost left me blind. They're too warm. Even with thermal compound and a good aluminium disipation plate. I think maybe 50-60 Celcius degrees. I would like to see how long they last. I was driving 2 of them with a 13v power source and a serial I... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter:

DX Everywhere