DX » Community » Reviews » 5W LED Emitter on Star (White Light)
  • 5 star 12 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byPlutohunden on 01/07/2013

Two 5W LEDs in series (6,5V+6,5V=13V), which makses it suitable for connection to a 12V lead battery, which is kept at little above 13Volts with continuous charging. I have used several pairs of these for getting light into a storage room. Use of pairs of 5W LEDS instead of 10W LEDs give better spread of the light. Connect to aluminium blocks for cooling.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBonehead3 on 12/20/2012

-Good quality on all the ones I've gotten(~10) -Quite powerful, don't look into it even without lens .. It'll hurt your eyes. -Double pads for positive and negative terminals makes for easy wire-routing in more advanced setups. -Most lenses/reflectors seems to fit this emitter quite good, my personal favorite would be SKU.4626 which is more or less ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybrussell on 07/28/2011

Cheap Very Bright (Even running them well short of 5W) Easy to use Nothing really Have patience while soldering, with the star it takes a little time to get hot. Also be careful because the heating of the star can cause the solder that holds the LEDs can get soft. Almost a pro actually due to good heat dissipation Ran 2 of these in series with my own ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteve000 on 05/20/2011

The LED's themselves are very bright. I have found the following. Soldering to them is weird, using a 18w soldering iron, the solder would take a while to melt, then when it would melt and stick to the pad it would cool for a sec. I imagine this is because of the heatsink star they are attached to. no big deal. Run these at 6.5v they draw 500mA or 3... Read more

0 0
  • posted byuglyandbroke on 05/01/2011

As noted in another review(s), it gives off a lot of light for it's size. I got it in October of 2010 but finally now got around to setting it up. I hope I was sent the right one. All the heat discussed in one or more other reviews is no longer a problem and I can safely touch it after it's been on for 20 minutes. Also there is no longer any pee-colored ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybigbounderrv on 03/30/2011

This 5W LED Emitter is better than I figured it would be. I have a tactical flashlight that had a 7 watt led on a star, it lasted less than a week ( think I put the batteries in backwards) (which I think was a Q5 being over driven with 7.2 vdc) I have to say it is almost as bright. I put a 12~24 VDC/AC 3.4VDC out driver. which has a full bridge rectifier ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPoetman on 01/21/2011

Good bright LED for DIY projects. -Bright -Allmost the brightness of 2 x Q5! -Good value Should come as bare LED. Because when you want to make a multiple LED flashlight you need to get the led of the star. I made a flashlight with 3 of these LEDS inside. Very bright but also very floody. And I cant seem to get it focused with OP reflectors or SMO reflectors.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMirkovich on 10/21/2010

Excellent item. Bought three, all work and they've almost left me blind. They're too warm. Even with thermal compound and a good aluminium disipation plate. I think maybe 50-60 Celcius degrees. I would like to see how long they last. I was driving 2 of them with a 13v power source and a serial diode (so I think i was like 12,3v or so), and they have ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydesolder on 08/07/2010

WOW this thing is BRIGHT. I have driven it up to 1A(~7W), and it rivals P7/MCE brightness at the same power levels. However, I don't know if it can handle 1A for extended periods. You can clearly see four dies beneath the phosphors. They're wired 2S2P, which is a great way to wire them since many drivers have better efficiency at higher output voltage.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byinatel on 07/11/2010

It is brigth as a 15W fluorescent lamp, yes I have said 15W fluorescent lamp (~800 lumens) Actually i guess its is around 450 lumens but with a angle ~170 degrees , so you can buy it and replace your 15W fluorescent. The price is very cheap if you compare it to other leds... I also have ordered sku.37243 and I do confirm that this led is brighter than ... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections