Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A good deal for a styled mouse

posted by Scyer on 01/18/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-The 1000dpi sure seems to ring true to it's word, a rather surprising thing to hear about a mouse purchased in such a way (Or at least surprising personally)! Compared to a local bought 1000dpi wifi mouse. This makes it nice and sensitive for general work.
    -The mouse feels surprisingly good in the hands despite not having a contour to fit the hand like most mice seem to drive for these days; the depressions in the buttons fitting ones fingers perfectly.
    -The wire, while somewhat stiff, appears to be of good quality. Much thicker than I'd have anticipated it being it certainly feels as if it could put up with a good beating (I would still recommend against wrapping it too tightly around the mouse, however.)
    -The mouse is lightweight and easy to carry, although it's not so light that it feels as if it would fly away. This adds somewhat to the comfort of using it.
    -The mouse wheel works perfectly, and clicks with each movement. Scrolling works well as a result.
    -Surprisingly having the backbutton in front of the forward button was fairly comfortable to use.

Cons:

-The wire is still stiff, and even after more than a week it still looks as though it just came out of the package and was just unwrapped. In a way this is good as it holds it's shape well, thus makes it easier to fold the wire for moving. HOWEVER I can't help but worry that could mean the wire inside is stiffer and more likely to break. Again, don't wrap the wire too tightly around the mouse.
    -The mouse has a strange lag I've noticed on some mice with some applications. As I've seen this happen with multiple mice I'm unsure if it's OS related or hardware related. In games such as fallout 3 or in some online drawing programs the mouse feels as though it's always one step ahead of the cursor during intense movement. This isn't hard to get used to and compensate for (and even helps with certain drawing methods as the lagged movement is often smoother than an actual hand movement), but it's still strange. (again, this could be OS related or hardware related. I am unsure.)

Bottomline:

This mouse is a good purchase, and is definitely worth the price paid, but it isn't without it's odd pitfalls. And again if you're a gamer be aware that some games have an odd lag with the mouse, although also know it's not hard at all to compensate for...it's just kind of there. All in all I'd definitely make the purchase again had I not recently switched to using trackballs :P

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections