DX » Community » Reviews » 3W LED Emitter on Star (Multicolored RGB)
  • 5 star 24 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 14 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byvivenator on 11/08/2013

Beautiful light, easy to use with a microcontroller. A very bright LED. Good price. -Soldering the LED is quite easy, but the result makes for an ... ugly LED. -This RGB LED is common anode, not cathode! The + and - are reversed, even though the marking say otherwise. -The color truth is quite off, it's quite hard to re-enact the color you'd expect ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byotavioborges on 08/03/2013

Very bright! Using PWM signals and a power driver I was able to create a really nice mix of colors. The Cree heatsink provides nice heat dissipation, in usage the heating of the LED is OK! The polarity information is mistaken, the LED have a common cathode and an anode for each color. Each color has it own power, so you'll need some adjustment before ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFabianKnapp87 on 03/18/2013

bright and easy to cool rgb led. Nice color mixing possible ...still common cathode. This is a big problem for many drivers like the PT4115 because of sensing they can not be used in parallel. If you have a plan for wiring up this its nice. Otherwise i recommend SKU.181266 This RGB led is bright and each channel provide a good light. It is not so easy ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byNatancillus on 03/14/2013

Really bright led, in all colors. I had more than 3 of them. I buy this a lot of times, because it worth it, specially usefull for torch and lightsabers (yes, is bright enough for that kind of things) Can survive with few more volts than especify, thats really usefull if you dont want to buy cotrollers or drivers. Gets hot, more leds more hot. So you ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bycloudpol7 on 02/07/2013

Very bright, easy to use, very cheap, very large viewing angle, low voltage required, low power consumption. Great for RGB lamp or decoration by lights. With uC You can make with this LED great effect. + and - symbols are interchanged When use maximum current PCB star must be mounted to a heat sink for longer led life or use lower current. Notice when ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymitaman1 on 12/18/2012

colors are great and very bright!! LED mounted on heat transfer star makes it easy to mount on bigger cooling products. (this must be done when running unit for more than 5 seconds) positive and negative markings on star are opposite of what they should be runs very hot but thats to be expected for a 3 watt LED!! i would love to see a unit like this ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymedsal on 12/14/2012

Excellent LED! This little monster is surprisingly bright, just be ready to provide it with the juice it needs to run. The color is crisp and clear. Very bright, almost painful to look at depending on your setup. I would suggest a dimming element to be used with this device. It also runs hot, but that is to be expected. This device does require soldering ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byTimblex on 08/15/2012

Very bright Smooth colors Low power consumption Small Enough Good design Easy to use Easy to solder Heats up Would be good if there would be also same type leds of this but in various colors and cheaper price. Anyways very good LED for lamps. Going to order more of them :D P.S price would be lower. Very large viewing angle. I recommend this for DIY ... Read more

Led on hand
    1 0
  • posted byArtemisNeko on 08/07/2012

Bright RGB LED, works great with an Arduino (also off DX, I combined that and a voltage regulator/LED 350ma driver circuit also off DX. - makes a nice ambient lighting LED and I can set the color patterns myself, make it respond to the room... planning to use some fiber optics along with this guy for a project soon, I think it'll be plenty bright. The ... Read more

3 0
  • OK
    posted byleoel on 03/18/2012

Very Bright Light, all the three items were working fine, is not necessary to soldering for testing, you can hook a wire and it will work, the viewing angle is good No cons, I don't understand why in the minus you must connect current, and on each colour you must connect common. I noticed that varying the current gradually changes the intensity but ... Read more

0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections