Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- It's cheap and it works
- Right spectrum
- The output power density (measured 320mW total power output at max power setting, which is approx 800mW/cm2 power density) hardly reaches the specified minimum.
- The lamp is painted with some sort of paint that softens and gets sticky when comes into contact with alcohol. Very bad for medical equipment.
- It is quite long.
- The buttons look cheap
- Unreliable base to lamp contact. It requires trying different positions until it starts charging every time the lamp is placed into the base.
- No option to turn off the beeper which can be quite annoying.
- This one has an old vacuum tube time design with LED in the main unit and the tip containing just optical fiber (unlike some new designs with LED in the tip). Together with 18650 battery used (which IMHO is overkill) it results in the lamp being too long to be convenient.
Despite the flaws above it works. And costs a small fraction of brand name lamps.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.