DX » Community » Reviews » Apple A1185 Compatible 5200mAh Replacement Battery for Apple Macbook 13" MA254B + More
  • 5 star 2 ( 18% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 73% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byahmedbintariq on 06/06/2013

Worked like a charm the first time I put it in.Very good value for money. Very good investment in increasing the life of a dying Macbook. The OS had a hard time calculating the actual time of juice I had left, would go from 40% to 7% in a jiffy. After a year of use, the battery started to beef-up also known as the "inflate" effect. Since I ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynat14 on 06/05/2013

plugged it into my laptop expecting the worst because the product is so cheap but it holds charge impressively long, it seems to work as it should although i have not had it long enough to determine how good it is long-term. lasts 3 hours on full charge. definitely will recommend to friends. some people complained about the battery not charging on the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byxiquitin81 on 01/19/2013

Cheap compared to the original apple replacement. It works fine for 2 years, the last month one battery cell starts to inflate and now the battery is useless less duration than the original, 2.5 hours. The "inflate" effect after 2 years. The quality of construction is enough, more plastic and the replacement does not really fits, but it works.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKrizpeX on 01/12/2012

Bearing in mind that this is not an original from Apple, it is way cheaper than one and although the charge will never be similar to an original battery, it is still quite good, when you take into account the price. - Build quality; - Color (very close if not exactly the same); - Package (it came in a very neat package); - LEDs that indicate the amount ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byguiesmael on 11/24/2011

- It's way cheaper than the original one. I'd pay U$ 250 for a new one here in Brazil. - The color is pretty the same - LED botton works - Doesn't work ok with OSX regarding charge. It jumps from 75% to 7%! And on 5% my Macbook turns off. Very disappointing. - I still couldn't reach 2 hours of use. I get 1 hour of hard use, not more than that. It's ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byabel1337 on 08/03/2011

-price -it works just fine -LED's on the bottom work -it feels sturdy,heavy and of good quality -color could be better -the battery isn't as good as the official apple one The battery of my mother's MB died, she didnt want to pay 100 euro's for a new one, so i bought her this one (for her birthday :p ). The shipping time was the longest i ever had with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byophir007 on 04/21/2011

Very good value for money. A good replacement for the original. Fits my macbook perfectly. The white color is very close to the original. Sometimes the remaining time reading that the OS reports is not accurate and the computer shots down when it tells that there are still about 30 minutes left. Not a big issue for me as I usually don't get to these ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrobcr949 on 04/08/2011

Works fine with my 1st gen C2D macbook, get about 2-2,5h per charge. Incredible value. Does not seem to communicate very well with osx regarding charge, it's constantly jumping between 6 and 12 hours of remaining battery life on the estimate but then just dies after about 2-2,5 hours. I guess you don't get a warning because osx has a hard time calculating ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byajschot on 04/06/2011

It does the job! It is really cheap, because you pay almost 100 euro's for 1 Apple en for this it is arround 30 not 5200mAh but 2550mAh doesn't fit entirely... so this battery is just not as powerfull as the original one... but in europe you can have 3 of these for the price of 1 original.... only you have to be aware that the power that is printed ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byvboronat on 02/24/2011

This is a very good battery. It fits perfectly in my MacBook and has been recognized by it immediately. Different to another reviews I have noticed that the white color is very close to the original. I have just received it, so I cannot evaluate it duration, but it works very good for some hours before needs to be recharged. It really looks like original.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections