Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great alternative sound card

posted by faustora on 12/30/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- simple, easy to install and use
    - relatively small, though it can interfere with other USB plugs you may need to use (not a big issue)
    - you can control volume and mute microphone / speakers by pressing the related buttons. LEDs help to check its status
    - I makes a good sound (I tested it to musics and videos in my PC speakers and everything was fine)

Cons:

This is definitively NOT a 7.1 channel sound card adapter! To make a 7.1 channel sound it would be necessary 4 jack outlets (it only has 2). Maybe you can have 7.1 by using  the PC's onboard outlets together with these but I didn't make any test on this. The description says "Include Xear 3D, the 7.1 channel sound simulation software for Windows XP/Vista" but this software wasn't installed (or  included), maybe it is just compliant.

OtherThoughts:

I had my microphone not working because of a bad function on my PC's microphone outlet. This device solved my problem.

Bottomline:

Buy it if you need an alternative sound card. Sure, don't expect to have a superb device that makes miracles. It does well what is was designed to do - a simple sound card to make your speakers and microphone work.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections