Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Best LED driving lights out there

posted by Lukec on 12/18/2012
    7 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

First of all, this LEDs are heavy, that means only one thing - very good thermal dissipation, which is indeed the major factor telling us the lifespan of LEDs. It is also sturdy enough to withstand hard hits from the road (stones etc.). The price is the highest among other driving lights on dx, but still they are about 3 times cheaper than almost the same looking Phillips LED lights, which cost about 120 euros in my country! I still didnt find time to test its waterproofness and i hope they dont leak inside. That could be a problem when driving fast in rainy day or when snow falls on LEDs, then melts on them, which can surelly bring some leaks inside. The wires that go inside LEDs, are isolated with rubber where they meat plastic housing, which is good. And for the end - they shine brightly - TOP CLASS for sure. I was even wondering about using them in my cargospace as light source, as they are indeed bright!

Cons:

Not any cons. The major con could be waterproofness, but as i said, i didnt test it yet and i hope it dones leak! The place where wires enter the plastic housing is covered with rubber, so i think leaking here is out of the question.

OtherThoughts:

The wiring is simple, tho the manual is really bad! It is writen in poor english, but anyways, anyone with some electrotechical knowladge will know how to "link" them to the car. For those who dont know, ill put a word or two about it: Both LEDs are conected to LED RUNNING SWITCH. The switch has 3 more wires: RED is + and it is connected to + feed in fuse box. BLACK is - and is connected to - feed in fuse box. I think any source that gives out 12V in fuse box will be fine as LEDs arent big power consumptions. And here is the 3rd wire, YELLOW, which turns off LEDs when it has + source brought on it. So, if you connect yellow wire to the + wire of normal daylights, that means that LEDs will be on when normal daylights are off, but when you switch normal daylights on, LEDs will turn off. That is the law in most European coutries anyway. You cant run LEDs and normal daylights at the same time!

Bottomline:

Great item!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections