• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works well, but it is only a hub!

posted by MrStef on 02/27/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Works great! Gives you 4 additional USB 2.0 ports.
    Since it is just a USB hub, it does not require any drivers other than what is "standard" and it will install without problems even on Windows 7 64 bit.
    If the supplied power cable is connected to an existing USB port, it will power the devices also during suspend. This means you can connect for instance a MCE remote, a keyboard or a mouse to it and it will be able to wake the computer from standby. I currently have a MCE remote hooked up to it and it works fine!

Cons:

It is not a stand-alone chipset. It is only a hub that will connect to whichever USB chipset your expresscard slot is hooked up to inside your machine.
    If you do not connect the supplied power cable, the USB ports will not be powered during suspend (at least not on my machine) and that means nothing that is attached to it will wake up the machine.

Bottomline:

This is just a hub, but it may connect to a different USB chipset than your USB ports. On my laptop I had only USB 3.0 ports, and my MCE remote refused to work when connected to them, even if I put a USB 2.0 hub in between.
    But fortunately my expresscard slot was wired to the USB 2.0 chipset of the MB chipset and therefore it worked when I connected the MCE remote to this card instead of my USB 3.0 ports. :o)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections