• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Fit for paintball/airsoft

posted by matzdx on 01/02/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I was a bit concerned with size but XL was about right for me; back plate covered the spine completely. Seams won’t bother you at all and this can be worn under the sweater, jersey or jacket if you like with no problem.

Cons:

Because of the way it came packaged it was all bent and rolled into a tube like shape.. This had no effect on the back plate; however the 2 front ones were bent outward and it took some time for them to get to natural form and not to stick out like horns in the middle of the chest. It wasn’t like it stayed at 90 degrees – lower portion of it was about 2-3 cm away from chest but made it a bit uncomfortable.

OtherThoughts:

Elbow and shoulder protectors seem to be in one size only and are the same for all no matter what size you order. A bit small for me but it is not a big deal.

Bottomline:

Overall, if you intend to use this for anything else than to protect you from minor scratches and slides on asphalt look someplace else. Back plate elements are not that rigid to protect you from harder hits and will bend more than you can which means not so great back protection. My guess is that it will protect you from some injury if you fall from 1m height and speed up to 30km/h if at all. If you plan on using it for paintball or airsoft it could be useful and order it because of this nothing else.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections